Thursday, November 10, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie {in a sauce pan.}



So sometimes when I see things via pinterest they strike my curiosity! This was definitely one of those times.  Honestly who would have thought that you can make a chocolate chip cookie in a sauce pan?? Well there is proof it works.  And there is proof that you can make it look delicious.  That was not how mine turned out to be.  Yes mine worked, and yes it was DIVINE! But no it did not look pretty AT ALL! {Until I plated it of course!} So I debated a lot on if I should post about this or not.  Especially since Lindsay and Rachel just posted about our chocolate chip cookies.  But I decided to give you a twist on the original.  I used the same recipe that Linds and Rach did, but I just borrowed the idea from pinterest! Please excuse the ugly pictures, when I make it again I am determined to make it look pretty!


Chocolate Chip Cookie {made in a sauce pan!}
adapted from thepinkandblueblog.


1 cup butter softened
1 cup DARK brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag of chocolate chips (we use milk chocolate) 




Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt butter in an 10 inch cast iron skillet set over medium-low heat. 
Stir in sugars and vanilla and remove from heat. 
Let rest until pan is warm, but no longer very hot, about 5 minutes.
Crack the eggs onto the butter and sugar mixture, and use a fork to whisk it well into the mixture. 

Place flour, baking soda, and salt on top, and very carefully stir into the mixture until smooth and well-mixed. 
Stir in chocolate chips. 
Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until starting to turn golden on the top and around the edges, but soft in the center. 
Serve with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce if so desired! 
this doesn't look appealing! but trust me ITS GOOD!




{my chocolate chips started melting when I started stirring them in, so it ended up being more of a chocolate swirl in the cookie rather then actual chips.}


{you could use different sizes of pans but make sure you increase or decrease the cooking time accordingly so your cookie isn't burnt, or underdone.}



{this twist was brought to you by brooke.}

No comments:

Post a Comment