Thursday, November 3, 2011

Butterfingers


Butterfingers and Reeses tie for first place for my ultimate favorite candy bar! Seriously there is something about peanut butter and chocolate... it gets me every time! I have been making peanut butter balls for years now. They are just as good or better then a store bought Reeses.  Well come to find out you can make homemade Butterfingers too! When I first saw this recipe I was extremely skeptical.  I mean come on how do you produce the crunchyness of a Butterfinger?? Let me tell you it is possible! Everyone who tried these liked them better then the original candy bar because they don't get stuck in your teeth, but you still get the texture!  Lucky for everyone it was Halloween and still is Thanksgiving season. You need to go out and buy every bag of candy corn left because you will want to make these again and again.  They are so easy and just like the Peanut Butter Balls they are only 3 ingredients!
I decided to wait until the day after Halloween so the candy corn would be cheap, as a result they only had chocolate candy corn.  That is why mine are browner then the ones I saw, but they still tasted AMAZING! You could probably get away with the pumpkin candy corn!

Butterfingers
{original recipe from plainchicken.com}

1 lb of Candy Corn
2 cups of Peanut Butter
1 bag Chocolate Chips

Melt the Candy Corn in the microwave for 1 min.
Then in in 15 sec increments. Stirring in between. {It took mine 1 min 15 sec.}
Once all melted stir in Peanut Butter.
Spray a 8" 11" inch pan and put mixture in.
Using your hands make sure it lays evenly throughout the pan.
if you want them thinner use a larger pan, and if you want them thicker use a smaller pan!
Let cool completely. {I am impatient and put mine in the freezer for 25ish min.}
Melt chocolate chips in 30 sec increments in the microwave.
Pour over butterfingers and place back in freezer for 5 min for chocolate to set up.
Cut and enjoy!



I actually cut mine out of the pan before the chocolate and spread chocolate on all sides of the bars so they would be more like a Butterfinger. But I decided that was way too time consuming and next time I make these I will either make them truffles or I will just top coat the bars.

{Butterfingers brought to you by Brooke!}

No comments:

Post a Comment