Saturday, October 1, 2011

Guacamole

Mexican Food is a very common meal in the Savage household...we would eat it at least twice a week when I lived at home.  My mom grew up eating burritos every Sunday, and although we didn't keep that tradition going-we did learn to make the FAMOUS Summerhays Guacamole!!! Here is the problem though...we just smash and mix and sprinkle and mix and BAM! its amazing! So as we were discussing our favorite family recipes this one was near the top.  I have had people ask me for the recipe in the past, and I have now measured it all out and I think I have the numbers perfected! This recipe can vary with the measurements-depending on the size of your avocados, and your picky taste buds, but this is what I thought tasted the very best! I hope you ENJOY!




Guacamole

2 Average size Avocados
1/4 cup + 1 tsp Green Taco Sauce (this is not to be confused with Enchilada sauce)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
5-10 dashes of dried minced onion
5 Grape Tomatoes chopped {optional}

Instructions:
Cut the avocados vertically, and remove the large pit from the center.  Slice into pieces and scoop them into your mixing bowl.  Add Green Taco Sauce and smash and stir, until most of the large chunks are gone.  Add Salt, Pepper, and Garlic.  Smash and stir again.  Add minced onion and repeat the smashing and stirring.  Once you have reached the right consistency, dip a chip {or your finger-that's my favorite ;)  } and make sure the flavors are balanced.  {if I do have a flavor imbalance, and I feel like something is missing, I always add a little more green sauce or salt} Add tomatoes and SERVE! 

I love it best with the tomatoes, but it is AMAZING with out them as well!

{this bowl of deliciousness is from ashley}

No comments:

Post a Comment